Monday, January 5, 2009

San Diego treasure.

So P went to SD to visit his brother.  Luckily he was driving back so he rented a car and picked up a bunch of parts for the racecar!  We finally got our $20 header and I must admit it's quite the bargain.  Sure it's cracked, but it's easily fixed.  My buddy Norm is going to take a look at it and try to TIG weld it back to "new" for us.  If not, we can just run it with the crack, that's how small it is.

The better buy will probably be the Factory Service Manual (FSM).  These things are invaluable for wrenching on any car.  I remember my wife bought me an FSM for my MR2 and I thought it was a great birthday gift!

The BEST part of the haul, and why I use the word "treasure" is the box of FREEBIES.  Who doesn't love free stuff?

We got (from top left)

1) new clutch cable
2) spark plug wires
3) FSM (ok, this wasn't free)
4) camber adjustment bolts!
5) OEM fuel filter
6) Energy Suspension shifter bushing!!
7) Axxis metal master brake pads!!!
8) OEM brake pads
9) Fram oil filter
10) extra fuel cap
11) SARD injectors (ok, so this was just the box)
12) OEM radiator cap
13) OEM thermostat
14) OEM (?) injectors with new(?) gaskets

Simply awesome!  We'll have plenty of spares for the car.  Those extra brake pads make me consider sticking with the SE-R brake calipers.

-Hong

No comments:

Post a Comment