Friday, January 9, 2009

Rollin on BBSsss Esse!

So you might have read that we got a top-notch Recaro racing seat.  And those nice "new" big brake calipers.

Tonights find complements both of those items.  I saw a posting on The list that is Craig's for a set of BBS wheels, in our 4x100 bolt pattern for the unbelieveable price of $95obo.  In this case, it was or *better* offer because that's a really great price.  Being the cheap-ass that I am, uh... I mean, since we're on a strict build budget, I offered $100 and the incentive of getting these old rims out of his hair before the clock struck midnight.

Someone offered more money, but they never came to pick up the rims.  Thankfully I have a very understanding wife, so after dinner I jump in the SE-R and head down to San Jose.

The seller was very nice and said that he decided to sell to me/us because they were going on a "race car".  He was only *slighty* disappointed that it was a LeMons car.  Still, they'll be put to good use!  Thanks for the deal Alex!

I loaded them up inside the car because they're too nice to rattle around in the trunk.  Plus the extra seats provide a nice depression for the wheels to rest in.  I'm gonna miss these seats (more on this later).
    

So we're gonna have some more high-quality German engineered parts on our little racer.  The other reason I had my eye out for some 15's is because the calipers wouldn't fit under the stock 14's wheels without some grinding.  And they're too nice and new to take an angle grinder to.

Mr. J. Lamm himself said we could sell off the OEM wheels and apply the money towards the build budget.  This is a bit of a loophole since monies spent on "new" (or new!) wheels and tires wouldn't be counted as they are considered safety items.  As such, our fancy (to us) BBS rims are "free".  In real life it's all about ONE Benjamin baby...  That's how we roll!

-B. B. Esse

No comments:

Post a Comment