Thursday, January 8, 2009

Recaro in the Hiz-House!

I've been a fan of Recaro seats since, well, I can't remember.  I just know all the "kewl" racers use them and I wanted to be just like them when I grow up.  One day.

Drove down to the local Greyhound and got my package.  It was HUGE!  I had to flip down the rear seats to fit.  Thank goodness we have a large station wagon.  For 15 minutes, I had two Recaro seats in there!

The package was pretty heavy, but it turned out to be the brakes.  That little box was 20lbs by itself!
 
Holy cast iron calipers Batman!

They are OEM Nissan brakes from the NX2000 sports coupe.  They look to be brand new, or at least freshly re-manufactured.  I thought I was getting used ones, so it was a nice surprise.  Some of the other guys on the team don't think we need big brakes, but we'll see.

Next comes the big prize. It was pretty well packaged and didn't look any worse for traveling 3000 miles in the belly of a bus.  I will probably use Greyhound to ship big bulky items again since they seem to only charge for weight.  UPS and FedEx quoted me 3 times the price to ship this seat.  It's rather light on it's own.  


Yeah, it's kinda dirty, but what do you expect for $27?!  This has gotta be the cheapest *useable* Recaro racing seat in human history.  Perfect for LeMons!

I sat in it and made race car noises.  It's pretty dang comfy and I really like the extended "wings" for side-impact protection. 

-Ricky Recaro



No comments:

Post a Comment