Monday, January 5, 2009

AR Entry #3 - $31

I had removed the fog lights a while back because a) we don't need them b) they weigh almost 5lbs and c) someone would buy them.  My wife thinks I'm crazy because a) they're almost two decades old and b) the glass lenses were both cracked.

It was a PITA to remove, but it gave me a good excuse to take apart most of the dash to get out the wires and fog light switch.  Someone on SR20Forum.com offered me $30 and I thought it was a fair price.  Since shipping and PayPal fees were only $9, I actually made out with $31.  Just enough to offset the new passenger side window we're getting.

Drove the car to Wal-mart for some Robitussin.  Got a 5qt jug of oil and some Turtle Wax polishing compound.  I got the cheapest oil ($10.17) but it still felt like extravagant expenditure for such a POS car.  Oh well, we've gotta pass smog right?  Driving to Reno is gonna be cheaper than trailering it up.

-Hong

No comments:

Post a Comment